"Where there is pleasure there is the shadow of pain - 21 May 1967
• The whole movement of living, which is relationship, is a movement in action.
• What is consciousness? When do you say, ‘I am conscious, I am aware, I am
• Is there actually a division between the conscious and the unconscious, or it is
a total movement, operating all the time?
• The mind that pursues pleasure must inevitably invite its opposite, which is
pain. The two go together; they are not separate.
• You cannot see totally when you are making effort.
• Q: If you love your own child, your attention to your child is fairly complete, but
if you are a teacher you cannot give attention to all the students."
01 Where there is pleasure there is the shadow of painDuration: 01h22min